Try the best apple cake recipe ever!
That sounds a little dramatic but I promise, you will love this cake. Because it is soft and moist, without a hint of butter. So make it and eat it in the morning with coffee, in the afternoon with a cup of tea or save it all for dessert. Want to learn how to make this apple cake recipe? Join me in the kitchen!
Apple is one of my favorite fruits to eat or make dessert with.
There are so many different apples that all have their own unique taste.
From really sweet to sour tasting. As you can turn an apple into apple sauce or grate an apple you have the perfect replacement for butter.
Apple has a lot of fructose which results in calories however if you want to reduce your butter intake or when you are dairy intolerant this is a great alternative.
My mother would put whole slices of apple into her cakes. I use grated apple because it dissolves in the cake and slices on top to decorate the cake.
The cake turns into an apple sponge which is so soft and delicious.
Prepare the cake pan
To bake a cake you can use a loaf type pan or a round springform. As the batter was more than fits my cake pan, I used a 12″ inch springform.
To make certain your cake doesn’t stick to the springform line the bottom and sides with parchment paper.
Spray cooking spray in the springform before adding the baking paper to make it stick.
This will help the parchment paper stick to the springform.
Another tip that I learned from my mom is to let the cake cool before removing the springform.
If you are as curious as I’m to see the end result try a little patience.
Let the cake cool at least 10 minutes before removing the cake pan.
Easy apple cake ingredients
Even though the recipe easy apple cake it needs a lot of ingredients. Have no fear put them on your grocery shopping list and have the following ready when you start:
- Lemon juice
- Vanilla extract
- Apple sauce
- Almond milk
- Plain flour
- Baking powder
- Castor sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Icing sugar
How to make apple cake
To make this apple cake recipe start by lining the base and sides of the cake pan with baking paper.
Use cooking spray or oil to make it stick to the cake pan.
Preheat oven to 350℉/175°C. Peel and core the apples and cut one apple in about 16 to 20 thin slices.
Sprinkle lemon juice on the sliced apple to prevent it from going brown. Set aside.
Take the second apple. Cut into 4 pieces and grate the apple. It is almost an apple sauce but a little thicker.
Put the apple sauce, grated apple in a bowl and add the vanilla extract. Mix the ingredients before adding the first egg.
Beat until totally absorbed before adding the remaining eggs. Then add the almond milk. Beat until light and creamy and set aside.
Sift the flour in a separate bowl. Add the sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir the dry ingredients to combine.
Add half of the flour mixture to wet mixture and stir well until completely smooth.
Once the batter is smooth, add the remaining flour mixture and keep on stirring the batter until smooth. Do not over mix.
Now it is time to pour the batter into the cake pan. Then take the sliced apples and overlap the apples in a circle on top of batter.
Bake the apple cake in the oven for 1 hour then check if the cake is done with a bamboo skewer.
Let the springform cool for at least 10 minutes before removing the springform.
Your apple cake recipe is ready to serve.
Once you made you cake you have a number of ways to store it:
- Room temperature – a baked cake is fine to keep at room temperature for 1 to 3 days. Wrap is in an airtight container or wrap in foil.
- Refrigerator – if you have dairy products in the cake and want to keep it longer you can store it in the fridge
- Freezer – want to keep it even longer slice the cake before storing in the freezer for up to a couple of months
Other apple dessert recipes
If you like this apple cake recipe you will love these apple recipes as well:
- Apple pie taquitos – made with apple pie filling
- Dutch apple pie – this traditional Dutch apple pie recipe is perfect for dessert
- Apple turnovers – these apple turnovers are made with the best apple pie filling
- Vanilla pound cake – a moist and dense sweet cake with a hint of vanilla
- Carrot cake – no frosting needed this carrot cake is the best
I hope you enjoy this apple cake recipe!
- 1 sliced apple
- 1 grated apple
- 100gr apple sauce
- 60 ml almond milk
- 10 ml lemon juice
- 3 eggs
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Cake mix:
- 1¾ cups plain flour
- 5-gram baking powder
- 170-gram castor sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Icing sugar
- Line the base and sides of the springform with baking paper
Preheat oven to 350℉/175°C
- Peel and core the apples. Cut the fist apple in 16 to 20 slices. Sprinkle lemon juice on the sliced apple
- Grate the second apple in a separate bowl and set aside
- Put the apple sauce, grated apple and vanilla extract in a bowl.
- Beat the mixture then add the eggs in one at a time
- Then add the almond milk. Beat until light and creamy and set aside
- Sift the flour in a bowl with sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add half of the flour mixture to wet ingredient mixture and stir well until smooth
- Add the remaining flour mixture and keep on stirring the batter until smooth. Do not over mix
- Pour the batter into the springform. Put the sliced apples and overlap the apples in a circle on top of batter
- Bake in the oven for 1 hour. Check if the cake is done if a skewer comes out clean
- Let the springform cool for at least 10 minutes before removing the springform
Use cooking spray or oil to make the baking paper stick to the cake pan
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 268Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 61mgSodium: 107mgCarbohydrates: 57gFiber: 2gSugar: 37gProtein: 4g