The classic club sandwich is a must on the bistro menu. It is tasty and also a super-fast recipe to make!
So even more reasons to make this classic lunch or dinner recipe. Hold it together with some bamboo skewer. Impress your family with this colorful recipe. Are you ready to learn how to make the best club sandwich? Join me in the kitchen!
This recipe is more than a hundred years old and it never disappoints well almost never.
Ok, I remember that time when I got that soggy pile of bread with some ham and cheese that was called a club sandwich.
But that is not what we are making today. No today we are making the real deal. The ultimate combination of bread, lettuce, and meat.
You can try and eat this with a knife and fork but it is easier to eat it with your hands to keep the slices of bread together.
Club sandwich ingredients
To make this recipe you need a limited number of ingredients on your grocery shopping list. Be sure to get:
- White bread
- Iceberg lettuce
How to make a club sandwich
To make this recipe start with boiling the egg for 7 minutes so the yolk is medium-hard. Put a skillet on the furnace and preheat to medium-hot.
Add 4 slices of bacon. As the bacon has enough fat you do not need any butter or oil. Bake the bacon brown and crispy.
Get your toaster out and while the bacon is baking in the skillet, toast your bread. Then thinly slice the tomato.
Drain the egg and put it in cold water so you can peel the skin. Slice the egg in thin slices as well.
Now it is time to stack the sandwich:
- Step-1 – Take a slice of toast and spread with mustard
- Step-2 – Put iceberg lettuce on top of the mustard
- Step-3 – Then it is time to put the bacon on the lettuce
- Step-4 – Distribute the slices of tomato on the bacon
- Step-5 – Spread mayonnaise on the second slice of bread before putting it on top of the stack
- Step-6 – Now take slices of turkey meat and put it on top of the second slice of bread
- Step-7 – Finally the egg before the third slice of bread
Put two bamboo skewers in the middle of the bread stack. Cut the bread diagonally twice so you get quarters.
Add a second quarter on top and your first club sandwich is ready. Repeat the steps for your second sandwich.
Serve club sandwich with
You can easily eat this sandwich all by itself but you can also serve them with:
Club sandwich variation
If you want to change up this recipe you can by adding or substituting ingredients. Here are some club variations:
- Breakfast club – use roast beef instead of turkey and use boiled eggs
- Salmon club – in this club sandwich variation the turkey is substituted for smoked salmon
- Crab club sandwich – made with either crab meat or crab meat salad
- Oyster club – this variation uses oysters instead of turkey and are served without eggs
- Vegetarian club – this version doesn’t contain any bacon or turkey meat but includes hummus and avocado
Other lunch sandwiches
If you like this sandwich recipe, take a look at the following recipes:
- Cuban sandwich – made with soft white bread, pork meats, and cheese. Try it!
- Egg salad sandwich – the best egg salad on bread? Just try this recipe or serve this salad on toast or crackers
- Grilled cheese bacon sandwich – this tasty sandwich can be made in less than 5 minutes.
- 6 slices of white bread
- 1 egg
- 1 cup Iceberg lettuce
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 4 slices turkey
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 tomato
- 2 slices of cheese
- 4 bamboo skewer
- Boil the egg for 7 minutes so the yolk is medium-hard
- Preheat a skillet to medium-hot and add 4 slices of bacon. Bake the bacon brown and crispy
- Toast the slices of bread and in the meanwhile thinly slice the tomato
- Drain the egg and put it in cold water to easily take off the shell. Slice the egg in thin slices as well
- Now it is time to stack the sandwich:
- Step 1 - Take a slice of toast and spread with mustard
- Step 2 - Put iceberg lettuce on top of the mustard
- Step 3 - Then it is time to put the bacon on the lettuce
- Step 4 - Distribute the slices of tomato on the bacon
- Step 5 - Spread mayonnaise on the second slice of bread before putting it on top of the stack
- Step 6 - Now take slices of turkey meat and put it on top of the second slice of bread
- Step 7 - Finally the egg before the third slice of bread
- Put two bamboo skewers in the middle of the bread stack. Cut the bread diagonally twice so you get quarters
- Add a second quarter on top and your first club sandwich is ready. Repeat for your second sandwich
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 730 Total Fat: 38g Saturated Fat: 12g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 23g Cholesterol: 211mg Sodium: 1383mg Carbohydrates: 52g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 8g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 43g