This is seriously the best salmon you ever tried. Creamy garlic salmon is the ultimate fast food made in a skillet
You can have this on the table in less than 20 minutes so this a really fast food recipe. So get your skillet on the furnish. Are you ready to learn how you can make this fast creamy garlic salmon recipe?
Salmon is one of those ingredients that is prepared in no time. You shouldn’t overcook your salmon because it will be to dry.
You can use fresh salmon from the market or buy frozen salmon. A quick way to thaw frozen salmon is to put it in a bowl with cold water.
So when you come home and want to cook this recipe take your salmon out of the freezer and put it in cold water.
It is also important to pad the salmon dry before you heat it in a skillet else you will get a lot of spatter when you put it in the pan.
Creamy garlic salmon ingredients
To make this salmon recipe you get your grocery list out and put the ingredients below on your list:
- Small onion
- Cooking cream
- Chicken broth or white wine
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh parsley
How to make creamy garlic butter salmon
Preheat a skillet. Put the salmon in the pan and let it sear for about 5 minutes then turn and let it sear for another 5 minutes.
If you have salmon with skin put the salmon with the skin side in the skillet. You do not need any baking product as salmon has enough fat to bake.
After 10 minutes your salmon will get a brown crust. Take the salmon out of the skillet, wrap with aluminum foil and put aside.
Add 1 or 2 tablespoons of butter so the salmon bits can release from the pan.
Then add the finely chopped onion and stir continuously until soft and translucent. Now add the garlic and keep on stirring until soft.
Add the wine to the skillet, if you do not like to cook with wine or like the taste of wine, add the chicken broth.
Turn the heat down to a medium simmer until the broth/wine has reduced to half before you pour the cooking cream in the skillet.
Stir and season with salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for 2-3 minutes until the sauce thickens.
Add the lemon to the sauce and move it around so the sauce can pick up the lemon flavor before you return the salmon to the pan.
Sprinkle some parsley on top of the salmon. Your creamy garlic lemon salmon is ready to serve.
Serve garlic butter salmon with
This dinner tastes even better when you serve it with a great side dish like:
- Creamy pasta with bacon
- Garlic shrimp pasta
- Mashed potatoes
- Potato gratin
- Baked potato
- Crispy oven fries
- Scalloped potatoes
- 4 salmon
- 1 small onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 20ml cooking cream
- 1 cup chicken broth or white wine
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 slices of lemon
- Fresh parsley
- Preheat a skillet. Put the salmon in the pan and let it sear for about 5 minutes then turn and let it sear for another 5 minutes. Your salmon will get a brown crust. Take out of the skillet and put aside
- Add 1 or 2 tablespoons of butter to release the salmon bits from the pan. Now add the finely chopped onion and stir continuously until soft and translucent. Then add the garlic and keep on stirring until soft
- Add the chicken broth or wine and turn the heat down to a medium simmer. Reduce the broth to half before you pour the cooking cream in the skillet
- Stir and season with salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for 2-3 minutes until the sauce thickens
- Add the lemon to the sauce and move it around before you return the salmon to the pan
- Sprinkle some parsley on top
- Your salmon is ready to serve
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 555 Total Fat: 33g Saturated Fat: 8g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 21g Cholesterol: 158mg Sodium: 471mg Carbohydrates: 4g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 2g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 51g