Creamy pasta with bacon is another classic bistro recipe that is fast and easy to make
This creamy pasta recipe is done in no time so perfect fast food. It combines cream, bacon, and pasta now tell me what is not to love? If you want to learn how to make this fast creamy tagliatelle with bacon recipe? Then join me in the bistro kitchen.
A pasta recipe fits perfectly in the fast-food kitchen. In less than 15 minutes you have a full dish on the table.
It is rich and creamy and full of flavor. This recipe may not fit a keto diet and contain a lot of calories but every now and again this is a great dish to serve.
To have this dish on the table fast you need to do things in parallel. So start with boiling the water for the pasta straight away.
Remember to always put a lid on the pot, it will cook much faster that way than without. Cut all of the vegetables when the water is boiling and set aside.
Organize your kitchen and put everything ready so that when you start cooking you do not have to look for things.
Creamy pasta ingredients
To get this pasta recipe on the table you need a limited number of ingredients on your grocery shopping list.
Get the following ingredients:
- Cooking cream
- Fresh parsley
- Chicken broth
How to make creamy pasta with bacon
Start to bring water to the boil. Add the tagliatelle and cook for 10 minutes (read the instruction on your packages some say 8 minutes other 10 minutes).
In the meanwhile preheat a skillet and pan-fry the bacon until nice and crisp. You do not need any butter or oil as bacon has enough fat to get crispy.
Take the bacon out of the pan and set aside. Keep the skillet and saute the finely chopped onion in the bacon fat. Add the garlic and stir until soft and translucent.
Now it is time to add the broth to the skillet. Turn down the heat to a medium simmer and let the broth reduce until half.
Return the bacon to the pan before you add the cooking cream and stir through the onion and bacon and let it simmer to thicken.
Finely chop the parsley and add 1/2 tablespoon to the sauce. Drain the tagliatelle and rinse it with cold water.
Add the tagliatelle to the sauce and stir to combine with the sauce. Sprinkle some fresh parsley on top and serve your creamy tagliatelle with bacon immediately.
Best way to cook the tagliatelle
There are a number of steps to consider when you cook tagliatelle:
- Boil water with some salt before you add the pasta
- Take a fork to separate the tagliatelle
- Bring to the boil again with the lid closed and then reduce the heat. Leave the lid half open else it will boil over
- Check to see if the tagliatelle is done at about 8 minutes. Pasta should be el dente – so firm when you take a bite. Best to taste it
- You can throw a piece of pasta against the door of the fridge to see if it sticks but I like to taste it to see if it is done
- Do not overcook because it will go soft and soggy
- Drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process.
Serve tagliatelle pasta with
You can eat this recipe as a full meal but if you want you can serve this creamy pasta with:
- Easy salmon
- Caesar salad
- Sauteed mushrooms
- Tomatoes and mozzarella
Have fun trying this creamy pasta with bacon recipe!
- 400-gram tagliatelle
- 1 cup bacon
- 1 cup white wine or broth
- 20 ml cooking cream
- 1 small onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- Fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook tagliatelle for 8-10 minutes
- Preheat a skillet and pan-fry the bacon until nice and crisp. Take out of the pan and set aside
- Keep the skillet and saute the finely chopped onion in the bacon fat. Add the garlic and stir until soft and translucent
- Add the white wine or broth if you do not like wine
- Turn down to a simmer and let it reduce until half. Return the bacon and stir some more
- Add the cooking cream and let it simmer to thicken.
- Finely chop the parsley and add 1/2 tablespoon to the sauce
- Drain the tagliatelle and wash it with cold water. Add to the sauce and stir to combine with the sauce
- Sprinkle fresh parsley on top and serve immediately
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 499 Total Fat: 24g Saturated Fat: 8g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 14g Cholesterol: 97mg Sodium: 1126mg Carbohydrates: 34g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 3g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 27g