This French bistro salad is quick and simple!
A salad that is so simple and it takes no more than 10 minutes to put together. A great meal, starter or lunch. So are you ready to learn how to make French bistro salad? Join me in the kitchen!
After making the best French bistro vinaigrette you need a supreme salad to put it on and this is that kind of salad.
This recipe fits perfectly on a bistro menu. It has a beautiful vibrant color and an even better taste.
The base of the salad is parboiled green beans but if you do not like green beans you can substitute for green lettuce or an arugula mix.
It is important to get crisp green beans. Not only does it add to the look of the salad but more importantly to the taste.
Parboiling the beans will enhance the color and turn the beans a rich deep green color.
Green bean salad ingredients
To make this bistro salad you need a limited number of ingredients. Put the following ingredients on your shopping list and have them when you start:
- Green beans
- Baby potatoes
- French bistro dressing
How to make French bistro salad
To make this recipe start with the baby potatoes and the eggs. Clean the potatoes and wash them in cold water.
You do not need to peel them. Just half the potatoes put them in a pot with water on the stove to bring them to the boil.
As the potatoes are small it should take about 8 minutes to boil them. Check with a knife if they are done.
At the same time boil the eggs. You want firm yolks to boil the eggs for 7-8 minutes.
Drain the eggs and put in ice-cold water straight away. This will help with peeling the shell of the eggs.
Trim the ends of the green beans and put them in a pot with water and bring to the boil.
Boil for 3 minutes, drain the beans straight away and set aside.
Take mandolin slicer and thinly slice the radishes and put in a bowl Whisk the dressing together.
Drain the potatoes and set aside. Take a big platter and arrange the beans, potatoes, radishes and drizzle with dressing.
Peel the eggs and cut in half. Put on top of the salad. Drizzle with more dressing and serve immediately.
You can make this recipe even tastier by adding:
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Parmesan cheese
- Balsamic vinegar
- Diced turkey
- Grilled chicken
Other salad recipes
If you love a salad take a look at other salad recipes you can find on fast food bistro:
Enjoy making this quick and easy bistro salad!
- 8-ounce green beans, trimmed
- 10 radishes, cut in half
- 8 baby potatoes
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and halved
- ½ cup French bistro dressing
- Clean the potatoes without peeling, half them and wash in cold water. Put in a pot with water and bring to the boil for about 8 minutes
- Boil the eggs for 7-8 minutes
- Drain the eggs and put in ice-cold water straight away. This will help with peeling the shell of the eggs
- Trim the ends of the green beans and put them in a pot with water and bring to the boil for 3 minutes
- Drain the beans straight away and set aside
- Thinly slice the radishes and put them in a bowl. Whisk the dressing together
- Drain the potatoes and set aside. Take a big platter and arrange the beans, potatoes, radishes and drizzle with dressing
- Peel the eggs and cut in half. Put on top of the salad. Drizzle with more dressing
- Serve immediately
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 472Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 24gCholesterol: 202mgSodium: 623mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 6gSugar: 9gProtein: 12g