Today we share a bistro classic, barbecue grilled hamburgers!
These taste amazing and are the ultimate fast food as they are done in no time. You will be surprised how easy it is to prepare the meat and grill it to perfection. Are you ready to learn how you can make the best-grilled hamburgers? Join me in the kitchen!
Or should I say the yard or the balcony? Because today we will be cooking outside. Grilled hamburgers are one of my favorite burgers.
If you have a charcoal grill, by all means, use it. Light up your barbecue ahead of time so the coals will be white and simmering when you put the burgers on the grill.
If you do not own a charcoal BBQ you can also use a gas or electric barbecue. It will have a different taste for sure but still delicious.
We have a Weber Pulse 1000 which is an electric barbecue that has a lid. The best thing about this BBQ is you can control the heat up to the degree Fahrenheit.
You can even use your phone while grilling. This is of course not necessary when you make a burger but for a roast, it works perfectly.
Grilled burgers ingredients
To make grilled hamburgers you need about 7 ingredients. So no complicated seasoning or anything else.
All you need is the following ingredients:
- Ground beef or unseasoned beef patties
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make grilled hamburgers
Take the meat and shape them into hamburger patties. We have a hamburger mold that you use to put the meat in and squeeze into a hamburger.
Season the burger with some salt and pepper to taste. I usually omit this step and see after the grilling if it needs some seasoning but you can season.
Then turn on the grill and put the hamburgers on. Let them be when you put them on to prevent the burgers from sticking to the grill.
By leaving the hamburgers on the grill they will release after a couple of minutes. If you have a lid put it on the BBQ as you can control how fast the burger bakes.
This takes about 5 minutes to grill per side well done. Then turn and grill the other side. In the meanwhile wash the lettuce and shake off the water.
Wash the tomato as well and slice in thin slices. You can put a small pan on the grill and sauté the onion with a little oil or you can use them raw.
Cut your bun in half then start with the lettuce then the tomato, onion and finally the hamburger. Your burger is ready to serve.
Serve your burger with
You can eat your burger plain but there are a lot of side dishes that you can serve with this tasty grilled burger like:
- French fries – a classic recipe deserves a classic side dish which is French fries
- Salad – you can serve a burger with a simple salad like lettuce and tomatoes or some more elaborate like a Caesar salad
- Chips – another classic you can serve a burger with some natural potato chips
- Crispy oven frites – homemade frites are great to serve with burgers
- Baked potato – this soft, fluffy baked potato recipe with bacon and cheese is the perfect companion for this dish
Sauce and condiments
A classic burger needs a sauce or condiment. Serve the following sauces and condiments:
- Mayonnaise – a typical Dutch and Belgian thing to do is eat your fries with mayonnaise but you can also put mayonnaise on your hamburger
- Ketchup – is a sauce that you can serve with your French fries but also on top of your grilled burger
- Honey mustard sauce – a great variation to put on top of your lettuce and tomato not directly on your grill burger
- Ranch dressing – this applies to ranch dressing as well. Perfect to put on your bun and lettuce
- Caesar dressing – Caesar dressing is a little salty due to the anchovies and goes great with the tomato and lettuce that is underneath your burger
- Guacamole – great to put on top of your burger
- Roasted tomato salsa – my favorite salsa that you can use instead of ketchup
I hope you have fun making this classic grilled hamburger recipe!
- 200-gram ground beef
- 1 small onion
- 1 cup lettuce
- 1 tomato
- 2 buns
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Take the meat and shape them into hamburger patties.
- Season the burger with some salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn on the grill and put the hamburgers on. Let them be when you put them on to prevent the burgers from sticking to the grill.
- It takes about 5 minutes to grill per side well done. Turn and grill the other side. In the mean while, wash the lettuce and shake off the water.
- Wash the tomato as well. Thiny slice the tomato and onion. You can put a small pan on the grill and sauté the onion with a little oil or you can use them raw.
- Cut you bun in half then start with the lettuce then the tomato, onion and finally the hamburger.
- Your burger is ready to serve
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 423 Total Fat: 19g Saturated Fat: 7g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 9g Cholesterol: 89mg Sodium: 462mg Carbohydrates: 28g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 7g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 33g