In case of an emergency, this spicy mayo should be in your fridge at all times!
Because it goes with just about any dish and I’m not exaggerating that this stuff is addictive. It could not be easier to make. So are you ready to learn how to make spicy mayo? Join me in the bistro kitchen!
If you do not have a bottle of sriracha sauce in your pantry stop reading right now, leave the house, jump in your car and drive to the nearest grocery store.
Run to the Asian section and buy the biggest bottle of sriracha they have available because you need this sauce.
Not only for this spicy dip sauce but for all your dinner recipes and other dishes that need a kick or lift.
One of the main ingredients in this recipe is sriracha sauce but you can substitute it for any hot sauce that you have available.
If you are wondering how hot sriracha sauce is, it is only mildly hot. This is of course all about reference some can handle more heat than others.
If you eat spicily more often you also get more tolerant of the spiciness than when you eat spicy for the first time.
That is why this recipe is so great because you can adjust and tweak until you get the perfect mix that you love.
What is sriracha mayo made of?
If you want to know what this sriracha mayo recipe is made of, take a look at the list below:
- Sriracha hot sauce*
- Fresh-squeezed lime juice or apple cider vinegar
- Salt (optional)
How to make spicy mayo?
Take all the ingredients and a bowl. Measure the ingredients inline with the measurements in the recipe and put them in a bowl.
Take a spoon and stir thoroughly. You can add salt to taste but first try the result before you add salt.
If the sauce is to thick you can add water. Be aware that this has an impact on the shelf life so only use it when you are going to serve it that day.
Cover the bowl and refrigerate before use.
How long does spicy mayo last?
There are two answers to this question because it depends on what you use as the base for this sauce:
- Store-bought mayonnaise – if you use store-bought mayo then you can store this sriracha mayo for up to a month
- Homemade mayonnaise – if you use homemade mayonnaise it will only last for 1 week. The main reason homemade mayo is usually made with raw eggs while commercially-made mayo is made with pasteurized eggs.
What can you eat with spicy mayo?
You can eat this recipe with lots of recipes. It will never fail to disappoint so take a look at the dishes below:
- Grilled hamburgers – such a great sauce for your grilled barbecue hamburgers
- Club sandwich – instead of regular mayonnaise just spread the bread with this hot mayo
- Onion rings – these will even taste better with a bit of this hot sauce
- Regular chips – this dip is the best with natural potato chips
Is spicy mayo keto-friendly?
This sauce is absolutely keto-friendly. Because the base of this sauce is mayonnaise and that is low carb.
It is also naturally gluten-free and an added bonus is that you can customize this to your own taste and liking.
I love this homemade spicy mayo recipe. I hope you will as well!
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2-3 tablespoons Sriracha
- 1 tablespoon lime juice or apple cider vinegar
- Pinch of teaspoon salt
- Measure the ingredients and put them in a bowl
- Take a spoon and stir thoroughly. You can add salt to taste but first try the result before you add salt
- If the sauce is to thick you can add water. Be aware that this has an impact on the shelf life so only use it when you are going to serve it that day
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate before use
- This ratio of sriracha to mayonnaise makes a mildly spicy sauce add more sriracha if you want it spicier
- Using water has an impact on the shelf life there for only use water when you are serving this sauce immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 389Total Fat: 41gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 34gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 1189mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 3gProtein: 1g